Tuesday, April 28, 2015

One Pound Pork Chop at Richard's Farm Restaurant

The one pound porkchop at Richard's Farm Restaurant in Casey in southern Illinois
The one pound pork chop at Richard's Farm Restaurant in Casey in southern Illinois
I'm firmly in the midwest on my return home to California from a few weeks on the East coast and Philadelphia to visit my daughter at college. As I got into southern Illinois, I had time for a huge pork chop -- it's a pound and delicious. Read my review of the One Pound Pork Chop at Richard's Farm Restaurant in Casey, Illinois.



The atmosphere at Richard's is down-home and friendly. It's decorated like a farm house.  Order your main dish, and then help yourself to the buffet.


You can see how big the pork chop is when it's sitting next to the loaded potato
This one pound wonder can easily be called a pork roast because of it's size and tastiness. It's called a pork chop, but it's not the thin, pan-fried chop you usually get. First it's roasted, and then it's covered in red sauce and broiled.

Another name for this huge pork chop is the Iowa pork chop, according to  500 Things to Eat Before It's Too Late: and the Very Best Places to Eat Them. By the way, I highly recommend this book! You can purchase the book on Amazon -- 




You get more than just the huge pork chop -- you also get to visit the soup and salad buffet. All of the greens were fresh and the French onion soup was tasty.

And they have sweet tea at Richard's -- and I had thought I had drank the last of it when I left the South. I guess southern Illinois is close enough to serve it, and I'm glad since we don't have it in California.

Richard's reminds me of Joe's Farm Grill in Phoenix -- both serve farm-inspired meals, and are located next to working farms.



Richard's Farm Restaurant on Urbanspoon