Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pig & Grits at Tom's Thumb Fresh Market



Continuing my drive to the East Coast, I left Vegas and arrived in Phoenix. The new season of Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives recently visited several new joints here, and my first stop was in Scottsdale (outside of Phoenix) for a dish of BBQ and grits. Read my full review of the Pig & Grits at Tom's Thumb Fresh Market as seen on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives after the break.



Tom's Thumb Fresh Market is quite a collection of different things. Barbecue joint, deli, market, gas pumps, and even a car wash. I suppose you could stop by and get most of your day's errands done all at once. There's plenty of seating inside and out. Go to the counter to place your order, which is brought out to your table.


The Pig & Grits is one of the dishes Guy Fieri tried on DDD so that's what I tried. It's pulled pork BBQ on creamy grits, with cheddar cheese and jalapeño bacon. This is really good! The jalapeño bacon gives it just a bit of heat, while the pulled pork is juicy and full of smoky flavor. The cheese and grits combine with the meat to make a very unique meal. And it's pretty filling -- I didn't even order a side, and I left full. (You also get a side of toast along with your Pig and Grits.)


There's a BBQ sauce bar where you can grab some sauce for barbecue. Check out all the choices! I tried the Mean Mr. Mustard and Sweet Baby James, and both were delicious.


Tom's Thumb Fresh Market on Urbanspoon