Monday, December 8, 2014

Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert AZ as seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network

Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert AZ as seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network
Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert AZ as seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network
Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert AZ as seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Network serves farm-fresh burgers, salads, shakes, and is great for kids. Read my full review with pictures after the break.


After my big breakfast at Country Kitchen (read my review), I was in the mood for a big salad. Lucky for me, I was heading to the right place!

The farm at Joe's Farm Grill
The farm at Joe's Farm Grill
Joe's Farm Grill is now a restaurant, but it was once a farm house. There's still a little of the farm left, and Joe raises veggies for the restaurant. It's outside of Phoenix in Gilbert, Arizona.

Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert Arizona
Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert Arizona
There's plenty of indoor seating, and lots of picnic benches outside. Lots of grass makes this a a wonderful spot to take the kids.

The staff is really friendly. I got there and looked over the full menu and the guy at the counter asked what I was in the mood for. I said salad so he told me about the grilled wedge salad, which is one of their specialties.

Grilled wedge salad at Joe's Farm Grill
Grilled wedge salad at Joe's Farm Grill
It's iceberg lettuce, split in half and put on the grill. Then it's covered in bleu cheese, tomatoes, and bacon -- lots and lots of bacon!

A funny aside: when my order was buzzed and I picked it up, I looked at the burn marks and wilted lettuce and was really disappointed. Then I remembered the lettuce was grilled. DUH

Date milkshake at Joe's Farm Grill
Date milkshake at Joe's Farm Grill
The guy at the counter recommended the date shake. That's right, it's made with dates. And they're picked right from their farm. This was creamy and delicious, and very unique. I've never had a date shake.

What's the strangest milkshake you've ever had? Let me know in the comments below.

I found Joe's Farm Grill in Guy Fieri's DDD book --



Read another review of Joe's at the DDD Adventure blog.

Read more TV food show restaurant reviews from Steve's Been There
Steve's Been There