Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sonoran hot dog at BK Carne Asada in Tucson as seen on Food Wars on Travel Channel

BK Carne Asade in Tucson
BK Carne Asade in Tucson as seen on Food Wars on Travel Channel
Time to try the other Sonoran hot dog from the Food Wars episode on Travel Channel. This one is from BK Carne Asada. Read my full review after the break.


Having just finished the Sonoran dog at El Guero Canelo (read my review here), I went down the block to BK Carne Asada so that I could try their dog.

The setup at BK Carne Asada is very similar to El Guero Canelo: lots of indoor and outdoor seating, and windows for placing your order and your pickup.

In case you are wondering what a Sonoran dog is, here's a recipe. Or check out this video from Food Wars on Travel Channel. It's a hot dog wrapped in bacon and then fried on a grill, stuffed into a pouch of a bun, and covered in pinto beans, onions, tomatoes, and drizzled with mayo, mustard, and jalapeno sauce.

Sonoran dog at BK Carne Asada in Tucson
Sonoran dog at BK Carne Asada in Tucson
So how's the Sonoran dog at BK Carne Asada? It's very similar to El Guero Canelo's dog, but it's a little creamier and dog is a little snappier. It's hard to put my finger on it (or my taste buds) but I think I agree with the Food Wars verdict and say that the Sonoran dog at BK Carne Asada is just a little better than the one at El Guero Canelo. But both are really tasty.

One difference is, the BK dog comes with a pepper on the side.

So what do you think of the Sonoran dog? Let me know in the comments below.