Monday, May 1, 2017

Eggless egg salad at Lassens Natural Foods & Vitamins in Bakersfield

Eggless egg salad sandwich at Lassens Natural Foods & Vitamins in Bakersfield
Eggless egg salad sandwich at Lassens Natural Foods & Vitamins in Bakersfield

It's been a while since I've been to Bakersfield, and yesterday I was passing through on my way to Las Vegas. So for lunch, I stopped by Lassens Natural Foods & Vitamins in Bakersfield.

Lassens is a small regional chain of healthy supermarkets. Most of the items are organic and if you've been to a Sprouts or Natural Grocers then you get the idea. Or think of a small Whole Foods.

But over to the side, Lassens has a large deli with lots of tables and a full salad bar. And even another bar with hot foods that starts at lunch time.

I stopped at the deli. There is a full menu of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free choices in addition to turkey, ham, tuna, and more.

The eggless egg salad sandwich is excellent! Probably if you didn't tell someone it was made of tofu, they might not realize it wasn't made out of eggs. That's how good it is! There is also organic celery and vegenaise. You get a choice of breads and I picked gluten-free. It's easy on the dill and relish, which I prefer, so this really lands at the top of egg salad sandwiches for me (yes, I still remember what an egg salad sandwich tastes like!).

There's plenty of seating inside to enjoy your grub. Don't forget you can go shopping after your meal, too.

The hot bar at Lassens Natural Foods & Vitamins in Bakersfield
The hot bar at Lassens Natural Foods & Vitamins in Bakersfield


Check out more places to eat and see in Bakersfield --

Lassens Market Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a vegan, but I do love the idea of hot food bars. This one looks like a great option for a work lunch, dinner, or a picnic. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion! Please leave your comment.