Friday, October 21, 2016

Best Green Chile Cheeseburgers in New Mexico

Green chile cheeseburger at Blake's Lotaburger in Las Cruces
Green chile cheeseburger at Blake's Lotaburger in Las Cruces
I've had the green chile cheeseburger at Blake's Lotaburger in Las Cruces, so this list is one I couldn't pass up. This list is from USA Today's 10Best list of Green Chile Cheeseburgers in New Mexico. Keep reading for the top 10 list (and more!) green chile cheeseburgers in New Mexico and a map of their locations.




The Top 10 green chile cheeseburgers for 2016 from USA Today's 10Best list of Green Chile Cheeseburgers in New Mexico -- 
  1. Blake's Lotaburger (statewide) Read my review
  2. Owl Cafe (Albuquerque and San Antonio) Read my review
  3. Big Mike's Grill (Belen)
  4. Sparky's (Hatch) Read my review
  5. Anaheim Jack's (Ruidoso)
  6. Mine Shaft Tavern (Madrid)
  7. Buckhorn Tavern aka Buckhorn Burgers (San Antonio)
  8. Sante Fe Bite aka Bobcat Bite (Santa Fe) Read my review
  9. El Farolito (El Rito)
  10. Rockin' BZ Burgers (Alamogordo) Read my review
Fast food chains also have them! Check these out --
  1. Bob's Burgers (Albuquerque) Read my review
  2. Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers (Southwest and Midwest) Read my review
  3. Mac's Steak in the Rough (Albuquerque) Read my review
  4. Griff's Hamburgers (Albuquerque) Read my review
There's also the Green Chile Cheeseburger Trail as listed by the New Mexico Tourism site. There's 63 places on that list! Here's a few of the ones that look especially good to me -- 
  1. Jerry's Cafe (Gallup)
Need more places? How about the ones from my favorite foodie books and TV shows like Hamburger America and Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives -- 
  1. Monte Carlo Liquors & Steak House (Albuquerque) as seen on DDD
  2. Sante Fe Bite aka Bobcat Bite (Santa Fe) as seen in the Hamburger America book
And let's just throw in a few more I've found from other New Mexico food blogs --
  1. Day's Hamburgers (Las Cruces) as seen in Melodie K's Southern New Mexico food blog
  2. Owl Cafe (Albuquerque) as seen in Gil's Thrilling (and Filling) Blog
  3. Laguna Burger at the 66 Pit Stop (outside Albuquerque) as seen on Gil's Thrilling (and Filling) Blog

2 comments:

  1. What a thorough GREEN CHILE CHEESEBURGER list, Steve ~ shared this on my FB page. Thanks for linking to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melodie! I'm looking forward to trying Day's Hamburgers the next time I'm in Las Cruces. Rockin' BZ Burgers (which you've also posted on) was very deserving of their top 10 spot. I was bummed to hear they closed their place in Las Cruces, but at least the one in Alamogordo is still there.

      Delete

Join the discussion! Please leave your comment.