Sunday, October 30, 2016

Baked waffle fries and vegan chili (and soft serve!) at 3 Potato 4 in Pleasanton, California

Baked sweet potato waffle fries at 3 Potato 4 in Pleasanton, California
Baked sweet potato waffle fries at 3 Potato 4 in Pleasanton, California
If you're following my blog, you know vegetarian and vegan joints aren't my typical places to eat. But they aren't completely off my radar -- check out my reviews of Dr. Bob's Healthier Donuts and the incredible Tofu Burger at Cornbread Cafe.

So when I read that the vegan baked french fries place called 3 Potato 4 had opened in nearby Pleasanton, California it seemed like a place I would enjoy. And with soups, chili, and soft serve ice cream? Read my review with more pictures after the jump to find out what 3 Potato 4 is all about.

You can pick one of four types of baked potatoes: wedge or crinkle cut russets, waffle cut sweet potato, or rosemary redskin. Then pick a dipping sauce from a list of twenty different sauces. This was not an easy choices so I asked for some help and ended up with chipotle mayo (which is excellent). Some of the other choices are Thai aioli, Aztec ketchup, BBQ, honey mustard, and lots more. Next time I am going to splurge and try more of them.

3 bean vegan chile at 3 Potato 4 in Pleasanton, California
3 bean vegan chile at 3 Potato 4 in Pleasanton, California
The vegan 3 bean chili was simply fantastic! I loved this. My wife started cooking up a pot as soon as we got home so we can enjoy it this week. I forgot to ask exactly which beans are in the 3 bean chili, but our guess is pinto, black, and navy beans. The corn added sweetness to each bite, and overall the spiciness was just right. There's definitely a little heat in this chili.



We also tried the garlic fries. Lots of garlic, the potato skins remained intact (a good thing), and not greasy or oily like the garlic fries at so many other places. We enjoyed these a lot, and next time I will get them their own dipping sauce.


Save room for dessert! Soy ice cream made with organic sugar cane.

Check out this great video of the 3 Potato 4 in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf from The Vegan Roadie's YouTube channel -- 



3 Potato 4 has several Bay Area locations -- check them out along with their menu on the 3 Potato 4 web site

You can also check out the 3 Potato 4 page on Facebook.





3 Potato 4 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy, I would try this and I usually don't like fries!

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion! Please leave your comment.