Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mac n Cheese Pancake at Honey's Sit 'N Eat


I think foodies can agree that macaroni and cheese goes with just about anything, or at least, with a lot more things than our parents used it for. It's in sandwiches, stuffed under meat dishes, and so why not put it in a pancake? Which is exactly what I had at Honey's Sit n Eat. Read my full review after the break.




My daughter and I were at the start of an all-day walk through Philadelphia (one of America's most walkable cities although I don't see Savannah on the list). We stopped at Honey's Sit N Eat and I ordered the Mac & Cheese Pancake off the daily special menu.

Mac & Cheese Pancakes at Honey's Sit N Eat in Philadelphia
Mac & Cheese Pancakes at Honey's Sit N Eat in Philadelphia
The waiter explained how it's prepared -- the pancake is poured on the griddle, and then the mac & cheese is crumbled in.

The tanginess of the buttermilk pancake combines well with the cheddar cheese of the mac n cheese. This pancake tasted so good that I had eaten most of it before trying any syrup on it. (Which as it turns out, it doesn't really need.)

My daughter pointed out that the mac & cheese is very traditional -- it's simply good mac & cheese. Nothing fancy, which is why this pancake works so well.

Challah Monte Cristo sandwich at Honey's Sit N Eat in Philadelphia
Challah Monte Cristo sandwich at Honey's Sit N Eat in Philadelphia
She had the Challah bread Monte Cristo sandwich. Another winner. Very meaty, and topped with a couple of eggs.

We were both very full and didn't end up eating lunch until well after noon despite all the walking we did.

TIP: It's cash only at Honey's.

Check out these other kicked-up pancakes I've had so far on my trip from California --

Honey's Sit 'n Eat on Urbanspoon