Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Puffy Taco at Taco Taco Cafe

Puffy taco at Taco Taco Cafe in San Antonio as seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
Puffy taco at Taco Taco Cafe in San Antonio as seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
It's not hard to find Mexican food in San Antonio, but I am only here for a few days so I wanted to get the best. Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives says the puffy tacos at Taco Taco Cafe in San Antonio can't be beat, so I went there for lunch. Read my full review after the break.


The puffy tacos really are puffy. The corn tortillas are fried in such a way that the tortilla becomes fluffy rather than hard. It's filled with beef or chicken. I had the beef and it was very good.


I also had the pork chop lunch. The chops were grilled and juicy. The rice and beans are also good.

But it was the flour tortillas that blew me away. They are fresh, fluffy, and flavorful. They were fantastic.

TIP: Taco Taco Cafe closes at 2 PM, and breakfast stops being served at noon.