Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bacon Waffle at Magnolia Pancake Haus

Bacon waffle at Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio
Bacon waffle at Magnolia Pancake Haus in San Antonio
For my first full day in San Antonio (on my way towards the East Coast), I wanted to get an early (and big!) breakfast before I headed into downtown for all that San Antonio's River Walk has to offer. Read my full review of Magnolia Pancake Haus as seen on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri after the break.


Magnolia Pancake Haus is located a bit north of downtown, so parking is not a problem. And it's got plenty of seating with the comfortable booths which I prefer for breakfast. The coffee arrived almost as soon as I did, and in a huge plus I was given a full carafe, too. That's service!


As I was looking over the menu for the bacon waffle as seen on DDD, my eyes wandered to the big apple pancake so I asked the waiter but he said only get that if I was extremely hungry, and that the bacon waffle is a good choice. So that's what I got.

Bacon waffle before the butter and syrup
The bacon waffle is very good. The waffle is crisp and light, and the smoked bacon is full of flavor without overwhelming the waffle. Every bite had bits of bacon in it. Top that with maple syrup and you've got a delicious waffle.

Yogurt parfait at Magnolia Pancake Haus
The granola in the yogurt parfait was fresh and crunchy, and very tasty.