Saturday, November 12, 2016

Vegetarian Stir Fry at Thai Star in Amarillo

Vegetarian Stir Fry at Thai Star in Amarillo
Vegetarian Stir Fry at Thai Star in Amarillo
The last time I was in Amarillo, I had the big steak breakfast at The Big Texan. This time, I'm looking for meatless fare and I discovered Thai Star on Old Route 66. Read my full review of this established Amarillo Thai restaurant after the break.

The owner of this Thai restaurant told me that she and her husband have been running Thai Star for 26 years. Wow! And she seems to know everyone that comes in for the fresh food and friendly service.

Most of the items on the menu include meat, but you simply have to ask to remove it to make these dishes vegetarian. I just ordered the vegetarian stir fry to begin with, which was served in a coconut sauce with a variety of fresh vegetables. The waiter asked me how hot I wanted it (medium hot, thanks) and it was just right. There are also spices at the table to further kick it up if you want.

Thai Star is easy to get to on the east end of Old Route 66 (business 40) but it's closed on Saturday and Sunday to check it out for lunch during the week.





Thai Star Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion! Please leave your comment.