Thursday, April 23, 2015

King-Size Cheesesteak at Morrette's King Steak House


I had only left Philadelphia the day before, but I was already missing their big meaty cheesy sandwiches. I was in upstate New York and I heard that I could find a good Philly cheesesteak at Morrettes. Read my review of their king-sized Philly cheesesteak after the break.


Morrettes has been seen on The Travel Channel's Food Paradise (see their Sandwich Paradise 2 travel guide).

Morrette's King Steak House has been serving lunch and dinner in Schenectady, New York since 1947. There's plenty of seating at Morrettes. Grab a booth, grab a menu, and start drooling.

Pick a size (king or queen). Then build your own. I chose king-size, Provolone cheese, peppers, onions, and tomato sauce.


The king-size cheesesteak is so big it's served open-faced on a plate with a fork and knife.

There's provolone cheese -- and lots of it! -- somewhere under all that tomato sauce.


King size tater tots with cheese and bacon. These tots are fried, not baked.


Strawberry shake is very thick and sweet.
Share This!