Friday, April 17, 2015

Roast Pork Sandwich at John's Roast Pork

A close look at the roast pork and spinach sandwich from John's Roast Pork in Philadelphia
A close look at the roast pork and spinach sandwich from John's Roast Pork in Philadelphia
John's Roast Pork also has Philly cheesesteaks, but I figured I wanted to get the roast pork since that is what's in their name. And I wasn't disappointed! Read my review of the roast pork sandwich at John's Roast Pork in Philadelphia after the break.

John's Roast Pork has been on many TV food shows, including Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America and Food Feuds. It's also featured in both of these excellent road food books --

        


Walk inside to order at John's Roast Pork. There are benches outside, but everyone I saw (myself included) was getting their sandwiches to go for later in the day. After all, it was only 9:30 in the morning. (John's opens really early.)

I ordered the large size of the roast pork with spinach. As soon as I picked up my to-go order, I knew I had just received a really big sandwich. (As it turns out, I could only eat half for lunch, and saved the other half for dinner.)

The pork is very juicy, and seasoned nicely. It has a lot of flavor. (It's not as peppery as the roast pork at Tony Luke's.)

Fine dining on the banks of the historic Schuylkill River
This sandwich is really big and meaty -- it's even bigger than the Pork Italian at Tony Luke's (and that one was big).

One thing that I noticed was the sesame seed bun. That's not something you usually see on a cheesesteak.

There's pickles, peppers, mayo, mustard, and hot sauce outside to add to your sandwich. The hot sauce went really well on the pork.

TIP: It's cash only at John's Roast Pork. And they close early in the afternoon so pick up your sandwich before they close.