Friday, December 19, 2014

Welcome to My Restaurant: Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix as seen on Man Vs. Food on the Travel Channel

Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix is home of the Big Unit
Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix is home of the Big Unit
I grabbed some food to go from Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix. Read my full review of Alice Cooperstown with pictures after the break.



After having lunch last week at Chino Bandido (read my full review of Chino Bandido here), I drove over to Alice Cooperstown to pick up dinner to go.


On the drive over (and indeed for quite a time during my week's trip through the desert) I listened to Alice's Welcome 2 My Nightmare album. It's great! Check out it's 4-star review on AllMusic.com. "When Hell Comes Home" is especially good.

Alice Cooperstown is in downtown Phoenix
Alice Cooperstown is in downtown Phoenix
Alice Cooperstown is in downtown Phoenix about a block from the sports arenas. This is a fun part of town with plenty of bars and restaurants. Alice Cooperstown is in an old brick warehouse with lots of indoor seating, an outdoor patio, and an outdoor stage.

I ordered to go. The staff was really nice and friendly, and it was no problem to head over to the bar to make a to-go order. Someday it would be a lot of fun to dine in and enjoy a few beers here.

Al McCoy crispy fried chicken salad at Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix
Al McCoy crispy fried chicken salad at Alice Cooperstown in Phoenix
I got the Al McCoy crispy fried chicken salad. It's a fried chicken breast sliced over lettuce. You get your choice of dressing. The greens were fresh as was the fried chicken. This was a very tasty salad served in a decent portion.

I am little surprised how good the food was. I was expecting a fun atmosphere and good drinks (which are indeed both to be found) but many bars get away with average or mediocre food, and this was not the case at Alice Cooperstown.

Surprising connection: Souls Restaurant in Oakland, California also serves a fried chicken salad. That's about the only thing these two restaurants have in common :)

Alice Cooperstown is in downtown Phoenix
Alice Cooperstown is in downtown Phoenix
I found out about Alice Cooperstown on Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel.

Have you been to any celebrity restaurants? Let me know in the comments below.


Read more TV food show restaurant reviews from Steve's Been There
Steve's Been There



Alice Cooper'sTown on Urbanspoon

Maps for Diners, DriveIns and Dives, Man v. Food and more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion! Please leave your comment.